Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Introduction from Daddy Riley

I am so excited that after all of our trying we are finally expecting. This week marks Week 16 for the pregnancy and everything is great. Amy has been so wonderful. There are no words to explain how strong she has been through everything, even as painful as it has been. I realize how lucky I am every day to have such a wonderful wife who endured so much physical pain & mental anguish to get to this point...I love you Amy!
We are both fortunate to have found the New Hope Center. Dr Robin and all of her staff are absolutely wonderful and were there for us whenever we had a question or needed anything. Their work is truly giving couples like us New Hope and they are simply the best.

It has been a long struggle for both of us. This month marks the 2 year mark since we decided we would try to start a family together and we have both been through a lot, of course Amy has been through a lot more than I have which is definitely not fair to her or any woman going through all of this...is labor & delivery not enough pain for you to endure? From charting temperatures, to Clomid, to Insemination, to In-vitro, we have experienced many highs and many lows, but through everything we experienced it together and that really helped both of us. It was still the most difficult thing that either of us has had to endure, but the result will be amazing. I look forward to that day in May '08 when I get to hold our little baby in my arms and all of our pain and struggles are just distant memories.
We are now working on finishing up the new house. What a joy it will be to be able to build a nursery in our home. We will soon be able to decorate the nursery with the appropriate decor...is it a Boy or a Girl? We will soon find out...then we have to start buying clothes, diapers, furniture and so many more things that for years we have looked at, but could not buy. Until then, I will continue to talk to our baby, rub Amy's tiny belly and dream of what is to come. I promise more pictures and notes from Daddy Riley so check back often.
Thanks to all of you for your continued support and prayers.
Dadddy Riley

2 comments:

Amanda Sullivan said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you both & your families!!! You all will be in our thoughts & prayers daily!
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Amy,
I told Kevin to hold a tape measure
up to your belly so we can see each week how large Ms or Mr Riley is getting.
You know I'm excited for you both because I'm convinced you will be great parents. This is one lucky...baby.